Today I wanted to share some of my baby must haves with y’all. If you’ve been following me, you probably know that I had Stella last December. Having a winter baby has its pro’s and con’s, but my favorite part about having Stella Grey in December was getting to be at home throughout the entire holiday season.
I get asked all the time what my favorite products are, so I’m sharing some of the things that we used daily in the beginning and some things that we still use today for SG.
SHOP THE POST
- Hatch Nightlight + White Noise Machine // I love this because it is so handy and is multipurpose. So you just download the app on your phone and turn on the machine. It is really convenient because most white noise machines are timed or kick off after a certain time. With this, you control everything from your phone and it is really handy.
2. Avent Anti-Colic Bottles w/ Vent // Okay, y’all — when Stella Grey was a newborn, up until about 6 months, I swore by these bottles. the vent is really great to slow the flow of milk and reduce acid reflux, gas, etc. We transitioned to Tommee Tippee later because after we took the vent out of the bottle when we were doing baby-led weaning, she seems to favor the TT bottles, but I definitely recommend Avent bottles for your smaller babes.
3. Baby Brezza // If you ever plan on formula feeding, GET THIS THING!! I promise, it is well worth the money. So basically, it is a Keurig for babies. You just put the formula in the top and the water on the size. You select the oz. that you want for the bottle and press start. It is the most convenient item we have and we have been so spoiled that we hate going on trips without it. It even gives the formula the perfect slightly warm temperature for feedings.
4. Graco Modes Click Connect Travel System // This has been a great stroller/carseat combo for us. It was easy to assemble, install and open and close which is really handy, especially if you’re traveling alone. I don’t know if I would get this design again, but definitely get a click connect travel system. It also comes with one base. I bought two extra bases for my family in case they were picking up SG from daycare. It was affordable and has held up very well.
5. Pampers Sensitive Wipes // Must-have! We tried other brands and I hated trying to pull a wipe out of the bag with one hand while the other hand was trying not to get baby poop all over the place only to have said wipe ripe into because they were so flimsy. The Pampers wipes are soft, non-fragrant and do not tear or ripe easily.
6. Munchkin Microwave Sanitizer // Great product! If y’all haven’t noticed, I am all about convenience. you just pour water in to cover the bottom, place your bottles and nipples in, seal, microwave for two minutes and let it rest. That. Is. It.
7. Pampers Swaddlers // Let me just say, this post is not sponsored by Pampers, but if they want to send me some free swaddlers, I am all for it. LOL Seriously though, the swaddlers are all that we have used. We tried a different brand for a couple of days and I hated how the diaper felt when it started to get wet. I don’t like when diapers have that jelly texture. The swaddlers have been great for Stella and they do not leak.
8. Dockatot // Let me just say, this thing is a lifesaver. It was great for supervised naps and for travel. Would highly recommend getting this! Stella is 11 months old and still uses hers sometimes.
9. Cozy Cover // Winter babies need a cozy cover. It was really nice to use when we went out or had doctors appointments. Theres a small velcro piece you can open up to check on the baby, but it also helps keep others hands off the baby! Must-have, especially for your winter babes.
10. Boppy Lounger // So we actually had two of these. This one was great to prop the baby on to play, nap, etc. The other boppy we had was better for Stella when she was older because you could use it for tummy time or nursing.
11. Diaper Genie // Listen, diapers stink. Get this thing and make your significant other change the bags when the time comes. If you have a baby, you need this thing in your life.
12. Tommee Tippee Bottles // As I mentioned before, in the beginning, Stella preferred the Avent bottles, but as she got older, she really took to the Tommee Tippee (Just for reference, I tried both when she was a baby baby). She still uses the Tommee Tippee and loves it. Both bottles are super easy to clean and take apart.
13. Chicco Portable Bassinet // This thing was a lifesaver. This is where Stella slept until she started climbing like a squirrel. The sides are mesh and made me feel better if she rolled over. It is really sturdy, so if the baby moves, it doesn’t move and wake them up. It is also portable, so we could break it down very easy and take it in a bag that it came with on trips.
SHOP THE POST
I hope y’all enjoyed this post and that it was helpful for you new or expecting mamas. Let me just say, I didn’t know it all in the beginning. Heck, I still don’t know what I am doing half the time, but these are things that worked for us. It’s all about what is useful and helpful for your and your baby.
What are some of your baby must-haves?!